Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Chocolate Brownie Cake

This cake I made for my Husband on behalf of my 3 year old Daughter for the Fathers day. This cake is an extension of the previous recipe by adding chocolate coating.

Ingredients:
A brownie cake (prepared as per my brownie recipe)
100gms of Cream (Amul Fresh cream, I have given this brand since it is readily available in Indian Market)
200gms of Chocolate ( I used dairy milk coz I love it, you could use any cooking chocolate that is available)

Preparation:
1. Prepare the brownie and let it cool.
2. Heat the cream on very low heat in a heavy bottom pan.
3. Add chipped chocolate and mix well till the chocolate melts.
4. Remove from fire and stir well to make a smooth shiny ganache.
5. Just let it cool a bit by stirring and then pour it on your brownie and spread it nicely.
There your cake is ready.

You could decorate it further more by preparing icing
For Chocolate Icing you require,
1 cup Icing sugar
3/4 cup Butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder ( I used less since I am not a fan of bitter chocolate)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence( if required)

To Prepare,
1. Beat butter till smooth and creamy. Add essence.
2. Add sieved Icing sugar to the butter and beat till fluffy( for beating you could use handy mixer or normal indian mixer or blender, but make sure if you are using indian mixer don't let it warm or else the butter will melt to watery consistency)
3. Now add cocoa powder beat again and fill the icing gun and keep it in the refrigerator. Its ready to use


Forgive my decoration ;) It was my first time...
Well, Though it might not look the best cake ever but it did taste good, so do give it a try for your loved ones :)

1 comment:

  1. what a lovely cake ! you are a pro at frosting!! there is no reason to forgive your decoration because its perrrfect :)

    ReplyDelete